TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
By making a booking with John Ferguson Mini Bus Hirer, the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood and agree to accept the terms and conditions as outlined below.
‘Contract’ is the agreement between the company and client
‘Company’ means John Ferguson Mini Bus Hirer
‘Client’ means the organisation, agent or individual who contracts our services
‘Passenger’ means the person or persons being carried by the company
John Ferguson Mini Bus Hirer – PM1132596, A Copy of our licence is available on request.
The company holds insurance to operate within the UK. Details are available on request.
Clients are responsible to ensure that they have adequate travel insurance covering all passengers travelling on board. This should cover personal belongings carried on board and indemnify the company of any liability out with company control.
A contract is made in writing when the client books our services.
All quotations are given based on the information provided at the time by the client. They are made in good faith and only valid at the time of enquiry. If a customer fails to give all the information required then further information may be requested before quoting. Failure to disclose full information at the time of quoting may result in extra charges being levied to the client for any additional costs incurred by the company.
Written confirmation is required by the company for acceptance of a hire, or subsequent alterations to any booking. Any verbal amendments must be followed up in writing by the client.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
A deposit of £50 for local hires or £100 for distance work is required to secure the booking. Unless otherwise agreed, hires must be paid in full prior to journey commencement. Hires must be paid in full 7 days prior to hire date unless otherwise agreed. Payment can be made by cheque payable to John Ferguson Mini bus Hirer, bank transfer or credit/debit card. Details available on request.
Clients with a credit facility will be invoiced prior to commencement and payment made prior to commencement of journey unless payment terms are agreed.
- a) For Cancellation more than 5 working days prior to the first day of the hire – the cancellation charge to the hirer is £50 per vehicle per day of hire.
- b) For Cancellation less than 3 working days prior to the first day of the hire – the cancellation charge to the hirer is 50% of the total hire charge.
- c) For Cancellation on the day prior to, or on the day of the hire before the vehicle has departed our premises – the charge to the hirer is 75% of the total hire charge.
- d) For Cancellation on the day, after the vehicle has left our premises – the cancellation charge to the hirer is 100% of the total hire charge.
- e) Upon cancellation, the hirer will also be liable to pay for any additional items or services that have been bought and paid for on behalf of the hirer by the company in advance of the hire. For example, ferry services, theatre tickets, meals, parking permits, accommodation and guide services etc. Every effort will be made by the company to reduce this liability however all non-retrievable charges will be the responsibility of the hirer.
CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
In the event of an emergency, riot, civil action, strike or any other event outwith the operators control, including adverse weather/road conditions or in the event of the client making variations to agreed conditions the company may cancel the hire by returning all monies paid, indemnifying from further liability.
GENERAL TERMS OF HIRE
- Lead passenger must be over 18.
- The company decides the route taken, unless arranged prior to the start of the journey.
- The driver is responsible for the vehicle at all times. The driver has the final decision on the route taken with consideration on passenger and vehicle safety. If the driver feels that any behaviour on board compromises the safety of other passengers or road users, the driver has the right to remove any passenger causing this. The hirer is responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle by any passenger.
- Vehicles will arrive in a timely manner with experienced uniformed staff for pick up and drop off but however are indemnified by delays out with the control of the company. Staff will be courteous and helpful.
- The driver retains full control over set down and pick up arrangements in accordance with local restrictions and road traffic regulations. Any client insisting on pick up arrangements outside of these regulations will be liable for any parking tickets or fines received by the company within 7 days of receipt of notification from our company.
- Pick up and set down times are agreed at the time of booking and are defined on the drivers work ticket. Drivers are governed by regulations regarding drivers’ hours and are monitored by way of tachograph. He/she must be able to demonstrate that he/she meets the regulations under our operational procedures. Drivers should not be unnecessarily delayed or detained. Should a vehicle be detained for longer than required the company reserves the right to make any additional charges incurred during this period. The vehicle will depart at the times specified by the hirer. At the drivers’ discretion a 15 minute grace period may be given. Please ensure that you arrive on time for your booking as during busy periods time slots are assigned and there is not much room for lateness so there is no knock on effect to the next client. The operator will not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by any passenger who fails to join at the assigned time. The hirer must ensure that drivers hours regulations are followed. Any additional costs for delay out with our control must be paid by the hirer.
- At the time of booking the company will specify the seating capacity, the hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this.
- The operator reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle at no additional cost.
- The operator reserves the right to substitute another vehicle including those of other operators subject to the vehicle being of similar specification.
- Please do not assume that the vehicle will remain at any point between the outward and return journey, nor be available for the hirers use when parked at such points. This must be agreed in writing at the time of confirmation.
- Journey times are approximate and given in good faith however events such as traffic, accidents out with our control may make incur longer journey times. The company will not be responsible for any costs or inconvenience incurred by the hirer as a result. Breakdowns will be dealt with as timely as possible. The duration of delay may depend on breakdown location and compensation if any will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- The company shall not be liable for any incident, accident, damage or injury including death due to an act of god or force majeure.
Smoking including the use of vapes or e-cigs are not permitted on any vehicle.
- Please pay attention to individual seatbelt signs displayed in each window adjacent to the seat and remain seated while the vehicle is in motion with seatbelts fastened. Please wait till the vehicle is stationary before trying to disembark. Please make yourself familiar with emergency exits and procedures.
- Young children unable to sit unaided may travel on the lap of a parent or carer outside the restraint of the seat belt. Car seats can be brought by the hirer, or one may be available for use by the company. Please contact us to check.
- Any additional needs passengers must make the company aware at the time of booking . Liability remains with the client for assistance of these passengers in the absence of a specific disclaimer.
- We want everyone to have an enjoyable journey however if you or any member of your party are disruptive or abusive to our staff or your behaviour is deemed to cause distress, damage or injury to others or our property we have the right under reasonable consideration to terminate your contract with us immediately.
- Under the terms of the sporting events(control of alcohol) act 1985 NO ALCOHOL is permitted on board to and from a sporting event. A copy of the legal requirements set out by the office of the traffic commissioner & police Scotland ia available to view on request or can be found at legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57/contents
No food (apart from confectionary) or drinks (unless water required for medications etc) are permitted on board. Express permission should be sought by the client at the time of booking if this is required. The storage or consumption of any alcohol will be at the driver’s discretion. Please do not turn up and assume that this is permitted.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Anyone found to be in possession or using on board will be removed immediately & the contract terminated. The police will be contacted. We will no longer have any liability for any of your party.
- Large bulky items may not be able to be carried. Please contact the company in advance of any such requirements.
- The company is indemnified from any loss or damage to luggage or any such personal possessions carried by passengers and is indemnified from any such claim that may follow.
- The driver has full discretion over the items carried on board and is not responsible for porterage.
- Any items left on board will be returned to the depot by the driver and kept for up to 30 days in lost property.